It is being reported that a new Pope has been elected.
It is being reported that a new Pope has been elected.
[url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]
Cardinal Joesph Ratzinger named or elected new Pope. 78 yrs old from Germany.
Pope Benedict XVI.
Why do they get Popes that are so old, why not get a younger one that will last longer??
[img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]
thats what I say.................I mean 78 years old is getting a little over the hill.
"One player can impact a game, One TEAM can win championships"
I believe John Paul was 56? 58? when he was elected.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I think this Pope was a close advisor or something like that for the late Pope. They usually go with an older Pope becuase they hold more traditional values or with a younger Pope that isn't as traditional. But the last Pope was there for like 20 or so years so they are probably just trying to put off electing a younger Pope for now.
I am curious if there will be any international backlash from the Jewish community. The man served in the Nazi Party, so it could be interesting if it splits up what John Paul tried doing to bring religions closer together.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
He served in the Nazi party?
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
He does sort of remind you of what the anti-christ in the position of Pope would look like...he has that sinister, evil look to him. I will wait in the bomb shelter as he is sure to be readying the secret Vatican nuclear arsenal.
they elect older popes in order to promote a constant change, many in the catholic church feel John Pauls 27 year reign was to much.
Bookmarks